Hope4Today! This "note" of inspiration was written October 21, 2006, but saved for the right time to share it with you. You have heard these truths before, but I am posting them now for your refreshment and Hope4Today!
"I thought I would share with you some truths that have come across my path recently and are so wonderful to me.
As I pondered several scriptures that have been meaningful,
I began to jot them down in list form because it seemed like they might have a
common message to me from the Lord—and they did.
I Cor.1 and chapter 8
I Pet.1
Philippians1-3
In I Cor. 1, Paul thanks God for the ‘grace’ given to them; that grace seems to be that they are enriched by Him in their gifts and have no lack in their gifts. Then Paul exhorts them (strongly encouraging them) to “all speak the same thing, be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.” -sounds like unity.
Paul reminds them that the message is not centered on the preachers, but on the message of the gospel; he expounds about the idea that it is not with the BEST words, but the message of “the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God”.
He was focused on his goal and shares his KEY for attaining it:
Paul says in Phil. 3, that he counts all things but loss for the excellency of
the knowledge of Christ Jesus…that I may know
Him and the power of His resurrection,….
How?
…by “forgetting those things which are
behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward
the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be “perfect”
(saved by faith in Christ), be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise
minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.”
Good words, right? But, people are hard to be at unity with, even and especially in the church. This is Paul’s words to Christians. As I considered the trials that rise up with me and my loved ones, or sisters and brothers in Christ that I love, I can find myself at “dis-unity” before I know it. True for all people, but God is saying that our priorities get too mixed up. We are to put the past behind us, daily, continually, and focus on the ”mark” of our high calling in Christ.
I Peter tells us that “our trials are precious- more precious than gold,” ….why? because in them “praise and honor and glory” will be found in them at the day of the appearing of Jesus Christ. That is where Christ shines in us - right in the middle of trials!
When all goes well, we enjoy it. Peace is great, life is more fun for everyone, especially us sanguines who just love it when everyone is having fun.
When life blows up in my face, one way or another, be it tension, financial needs, conflict, etc., that is when I am to WAIT on the Lord for grace to respond as he would have me to and He is glorified. Do what God would say to do in that situation. Everyone who sees the situation, notices that the Godly conduct is out of place. It doesn’t fit! How is it done? By His grace. Why should we? ..when they……? We should, because He did what it took for me when he knew people did not care, and He knew I would disappoint Him greatly. I owe love to you! And love to others. In this decency, God is Glorified because it takes His grace and power in us to believe that it is worth is and to want glory to go to Jesus instead of the instant gratification of winning a fight or “putting someone in their place” with our words, etc.
Face it, we will always have the good days and bad days, good times and bad times. It is wonderful that the bad times, hard times, etc. do not have to be a total waste of time and life. God redeems them, recycles them, uses them to bring beauty to our lives and others and ultimately to Himself. No other so-called deity even claims to do such wonders.
Grace is mentioned in several of the verses and Paul wishes it upon them. Rather, he prays that they will have grace, and commends them for certain “grace” that they do have. He exhorts them that they would share in his grace. Uhmmm. Seems to be an option. Interesting that they must receive grace to serve, to give; we look to God for grace to fill the cavities in our heart. His provision in our soul and mind is His grace and it empowers us and enables us to think His thoughts and follow His will.
Well, may His grace be given to each of you to meet your needs in this time and season of your lives, my VERY PRECIOUS daughters! What gifts you are to me! I am so proud of each of you and I love you." These words are not eloquent, but they are life giving.
May His grace be with you, sisters and daughters in faith! I love you, too, and treasure the privilege to encourage you and share secrets and keys to the Kingdom that God has given to me!
Mom & Sister in Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment